RF/analog/mixed-mode IC and RF SoC design, Physical layer and system design
1999.02 B.S. degree in electronic engineering from Yonsei University
2001.02 M.S. degree in electrical engineering and computer science from KAIST
2005.08 Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering and computer science from KAIST
1. Y.J. Kim, H.C. Park, I. Nam, K. Lee, "Architecture and algorithm for ultra-high precision image rejection mixer using digital compensation," IEE Electronics Letters, vol. 36, no. 19, pp. 1604-1606, Sept. 2000.
2. B. Kim, I. Nam, K. Lee, "Single-ended differential RF circuit topologies fully utilizing complementary MOS devices," Journal of Semiconductor Technology and Science, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 7-18, Mar. 2002.
3. T.W. Kim, B. Kim, I. Nam, B. Ko, K. Lee, "A low-power highly linear cascoded multiple-gated transistor CMOS RF amplifier with 10 dB IP3 improvement," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, vol. 13, no. 9, pp. 420-422, Sept. 2003.
4. P. Choi, H. Park, S. Kim, S. Park, I. Nam, T. Kim, S. Park, S. Shin, M.S. Kim, K. Kang, Y. Ku, H. Choi, S.M. Park, K. Lee, "An experimental coin-sized radio for extremely low-power WPAN (IEEE802.15.4) application at 2.4 GHz," IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 38, no. 12, pp. 392-402, Dec. 2003.
5. I. Nam and K. Lee, "High-performance RF mixer and operational amplifier BiCMOS circuits using parasitic vertical bipolar transistor in CMOS technology," IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 392-402, Feb. 2005.
6. I. Nam, B. Kim, and K. Lee, "CMOS RF amplifier and mixer circuits utilizing complementary characteristics of both NMOS and PMOS devices," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 1662-1671, May 2005.
7. K. Lee, I. Nam, I. Kwon, J. Gil, K. Han, S. Park, and B.-I. Seo, "The impact of semiconductor technology scaling on CMOS RF and digital circuits for wireless application," IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 52, no. 7, pp. 1415-1422, July 2005.
8. Y. Ku, I. Nam, S. Ha, K. Lee, and S. Cho, "Close-in phase-noise enhanced voltage-controlled oscillator employing parasitic V-NPN transistor in CMOS process," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 1363-1369, Apr. 2006.
9. H.-K. Cha, I. Yun, J. Kim, B.-C. So, K. Chun, I. Nam, and K. Lee, "A 32-KB standard CMOS antifuse one-time programmable ROM embedded in a 16-bit microcontroller," IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 41, no. 9, pp. 2115-2124, Sept. 2006.
10. J. Lee, I. Nam, S. Cho, K. Lee, "Highly linear and low noise 2.4GHz RF front-end circuits using transformer and vertical NPN BJT," IEE Electronics Letters, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 103-105, Jan. 2007.
11. I. Nam, K. Choi, J. Lee, H.-K. Cha, B.-I. Seo, K. Kwon, K. Lee, "A 2.4GHz low-power low-IF receiver and direct-conversion transmitter in 0.18um CMOS for IEEE 802.15.4 WPAN applications," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Apr. 2007.
- Samsung Electronics Inc., 2005-2007, Senior Engineer.
- Pusan National University, 2007.03-present, Assistant Professor.
Professional Societies & Activities
- IEEE Member, 2006-present
Honors and Awards
- Top honor and honor award in Yonsei University, 1995, 1996, 1997, and 1998.
- Best teaching assistant award in KAIST, 2001 and 2002.
- 7th semiconductor design contest (sponsor: The Korean Intellectual Property Office), Bronze medal, 2006.
International Joint Research & Activities