Continuously Variable Transmissions
Dynamics, Vibration and Noise of Rotor Systems
Ph.D., North Carolina State University, U.S.A., 1987
1. A Multibody Dynamic Model for Escalator Handrail Systems and its Application to Dynamic Characterisitcs, MULTIBODY SYSTEM DYNAMICS, SCI, 2004
2. A Conceptual Design on Inner Spherical Continuously Variable Transmission for Bicycle Usage, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY, SCIE, 2004
3. Effects of Rotor Misalignment in Airgap on Dynamic Response of an Eccentric Rotor in BLDC Motor, KSME International Journal, SCIE, 2002.12.01
4. Analysis of radial runout for symmetric and asymmetric HDD spindle motors with rotor eccentricity, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, SCI, 2001.07.01
5. Kim, T. J., Hwang, S. M., and Park, N. G., “Analysis of Vibration for Permanent Magnet Motors Considering Mechanical and Magnetic Coupling Effects,”IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 36, No. 4, 2000.
6. Kim, T. J., Kim, K. T., Hwang, S. M., Lee, S. B., and Park, N. G., “Analysis of Radial Run-out for Symmetric and Asymmetric HDD Spindle Motors with Rotor Eccentricity,”Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, (in Press).
7. Hwang, S. M., Kim, T. J., Kim, K. T., Lee, S. B., and Park, N. G., “Comparison of Magnetic Forces for IPM and SPM Motors with Rotor Eccentricity,”Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, (in Press).
8. Park, N. G., "An Investigation of the Mount Design of Engine Power System in Vehicles," SAE 96370004, 1996.
9. Park, N. G., "An Analytical Investigation on the Ratio of Angular Velocity in Spherical Involute Bevel Gearsets," Journal of Korean Society of Precision Engineering, Vol. 12, No. 5, 1995.
Associate Director for Research and Planning, Pusan National University, Korea (1999-Present)
Associate Dean, College of Engineering, Pusan National University, Korea (1996-1998)
Lecturer, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor, School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National University, Korea (1980-Present)
Professional Societies & Activities
Member, KSME, KSPE, KSNVE, SAE
Honors and Awards
Certificate of Recognition, Creative Development of Technically Significant Software, NASA, U.S.A.
International Joint Research & Activities